EMBRIÓN - College Film Festival
October 1st – 5th 2018
Entries, now open
Opening: February 9th
Closing: September 21st
2018 CALL BASIS – HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
The Direction and Production Film School of the National Unified Corporation (CUN, for its initials in spanish) is honored to invite all the active film school students to participate in the EMBRIÓN – Visual Arts University Festival for its 2018 edition.
*The members of the jury may declare any of the in-contest categories as ‘deserted’, depending on the quality of the presented projects.
Opening: 9th February
Closing: 21st September
We do a general Open-Call to all the active students of minor-degree programs alike or related to Filmmaking, TV and Film Production, Visual Arts and others, who can properly show academic credentials. All the pieces filmed or developed as a result of an academic activity, willing to compete, may do so, as long as the director, producer and/or scriptwriter (with the chance of these members to be the same person), are properly identified as college student(s) at the time of the piece registration. A proper credential may be the tuition payment confirmation or a copy of the student’s ID with the clear date of issuance.
ABOUT FILMING AND RELEASING DATES
All the pieces willing to participate must have been finished (filmed and edited) after January 1st 2016.
IDEA OR TOPIC:
All the pieces willing to compete have no topic restrictions.
All video formats are permitted in all our four categories.
National Contestants: From the Opening date, EMBRION Festival will receive all the participating pieces with complete documentation (Registration form and the EMBRION Exhibition Rights form, both properly filed) at the office of Direction and Production Film School. Contestants just have to submit their works and the previously mentioned documents inside an envelope with the following mark:
EMBRIÓN Festival Universitario Audiovisual
CALLE 12C No. 3 – 99. Sede F.
Oficina de Dirección y Producción de Medios Audiovisuales.
Corporación Unificada nacional de Educación Superior (CUN)
NAME OF THE PROJECT OR WORK.
The delivered package must also contain:
- Two (2) DVD’s with the participating project in .mov format archives (saved as ‘Data DVD’) and another one with the project recorded as a Video-DVD.
- One (1) Data DVD with the project’s trailer, a short bio of the project’s director and the plot synopsis, both in .word format. Also, a picture of the director and two pictures of the participating project.
- Both forms, Registration and Exhibition Rights, properly filed
In addition, contestants must file an online registration form in the link below:
- For all the people abroad wishing to participate, have to send the complete documentation in any digital format (.word, .PDF and alike) to the next e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In additon to it, contestants must send an encrypted link with the project, making sure that it is not a public link, for the judges to have the chance to evaluate the participant piece. It is very important to emphasize the video quality must have the chance to be projected in widescreen.
- Short films with an original non-spanish language, must have subs in Spanish.
On September 17st we will post the In-Competition selected pieces in the Facebook fanpage and the Festival’s web: